Opioid Training Institute programs
The Alabama Opioid Training Institute will be offering FREE continuing education programs throughout Alabama. Attendees will learn about Opioid Use Disorder and what role they play in preventing new instances. Practitioners will also learn about drug misuse and abuse and best practices when it comes to drug diversion, treatment, and how to work with other health care professionals in addressing the problem. Continuing education credit will be available for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, dentists, dental hygienists, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, and licensed counselors.
Program offerings for healthcare providers:
- June 26 or 27 - Huntsville | Jackson Center
- September 11 - Troy | Troy Country Club
- September 12 - Auburn | Auburn Grand National
- September 18 - Tuscaloosa | Bryant Conference Center
- September 19 - Birmingham | The Wynfrey Hotel
The Opioid Training Institute is a cooperative effort of the Alabama Department of Mental Health and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It is made possible by a grant provided by SAMHSA.